We are delighted to announce that our Chairman, Mike Jackson MBE, has been awarded the prestigious Points of Light award by The Prime Minister. The award recognises outstanding individual volunteers who are making a change in their community .
You can read more about the award and Theresa May’s message by clicking the link below.
Congratulations to our President, Frank Bruno, who ran in The Great North Run on Sunday to raise funds for The Presidents Sporting Club. Frank’s run was featured in The Daily Mirror:
Boxer Frank Bruno signed autographs and posed for selfies at the start with his fans. Raising money for the Presidents’ Sporting Club, and handicapped children, he said: “I have done half marathons all over the country, but I really enjoy this one. The money will help disabled kids around the UK, and across the world.
The Presidents Sporting Club’s Celebrity Golf Classic is recognised as one of the most prestigious Celebrity-Am events that is held in the UK.This year we will be holding Celebrity Golf Classic at the Five Star Marriot, Hanbury Manor Golf and Country Club on Wednesday 5th July 2017.
What is included?
• A first class full English breakfast on arrival
• A Goodie Bag of leisure items for all the players
• Each team of three will be playing with a celebrity player
• Outstanding list of prizes for first four teams, nearest the pin, longest drive and best front nine and best back nine.
• In the evening a reception in the grounds of The Hanbury Manor Hotel and Country Club with musical entertainment.
• An excellent meal will be served followed by a full evening of top class entertainment.
The cost is £1000 for a team of three playing with a Celebrity
The President’s Sporting Club/Essex Disabled Sports Foundation (Registered Charity Number 1001176) has now raised over £1.5 million to provide sporting facilities and opportunities for children with special needs in East Anglia and the Home Counties.
To enter a team please contact Mike Jackson on 07584 251522